Friday, May 2, 2008

Carrie's top ten list...

So Jake has been gone for about two and a half weeks. Only 15 more to go. SIGH.
This is actually been a semi-good thing. I am learning a lot about myself and God. I feel like God is chipping away at the wall around my heart. He has taken my face in his hands and made me look in His eyes. He has hedged me in. Continually over these past 16 days, God has proven His faithfulness and love to me. You would think I'd be less worried about things.
I am finding out what I am made of. And since it's not much, I'm finding out what I am made of plus a little help from my friends (insert song), and a huge support from my Abba.

Here are the top ten things I am learning about myself:

1. I don't sleep well without Jake.
2. Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.
3. God does not abandon those with tiny faith.
4. Single parenting sucks!!!
5. I am tired!
6. I am strong - sometimes
7. I have incredible family and friends!
8. I love my next door neighbor for buying a riding lawn mower!
9. I am a worrier.

and number 10. I would make a crappy carpenter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

two posts per month...you're on a blistering pace. =) i do like your list though!