Saturday, October 2, 2010

it's the little things

Every month I receive flowers from my husband.  To some (mostly men) this seems like a waste of time and money.  It makes me feel loved and thought of.  (Isn't that what we women want?)  Jake usually waits until the last day of the month to get me flowers...I don't care what day it is...I love getting them!  

Being the good wife that I am, I had resigned myself to fact that I wasn't going to receive any flowers this month.  (Seeing how Jake has no access to the internet or money AND he is 300 miles away, I figured this month, I'd cut him some slack.) 

Friday, during my reading group time, my Curriculum Coach walks into my  room holding a huge box.  It was a white and purple flower box!  My hands trembled as I opened the box.  Inside were some of the most beautiful roses I have ever seen!  Pink, yellow and orange blossoms were nestled inside the box next to a card.  Tears immediately filled my eyes as I read the note attached:  "I didn't forget". 

I am so lucky.


4 comments:

Tracy said...

AWWWW....another reason I love you guys! So sweet!

~RH said...

Carrie that is GREAT! It sounds as though you two have been through some really rough times, but have worked hard to make your marriage what it is. I love this. Will Jake be giving lessons any time soon? : )

Mrs. Jake said...

Anna, one day I will tell you my story.

linds said...

carrie...this made me tear up. i'm proud of you and jake!
love you guys.
linds