Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving thoughts

As I sit here in the bedroom, I hear my husband talking to my girls.  He is teaching them the fine art of pie crust making.  Sadly, I cannot make a pie crust.  Not for lack of trying or lack of teaching.  No, I simply cannot make a decent pie crust.

I love the conversations they are having in between the instructions.  I listen to him patiently explain why you have to add certain ingredients at certain times.  I hear their eager responses as they both want to be the one to add to the mixture.

My heart is swelling with contentment.  As the Thanksgiving holiday fast approaches I am thankful for many, many things.  I am blessed with a wonderful house, two fabulous daughters, ten chickens and two mangy mutts.  I have a job and money in the bank.  We are all healthy.  I have good friends and live in a country that allows me to be free.  My family will be together (minus the Las Vegas crew) for Thanksgiving.

As I type my thoughts are interrupted by laughter from the kitchen.  

I think most of all...this year...I am thankful for the man I married.

1 comment:

~RH said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Carrie!