Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ummm…I have a question.

I ask A LOT of questions sometimes.  Okay, pretty much all the time.  I can't help it.  I ask them for the two main reasons most people ask questions:  1. I don't know and 2. I want to know more.  This morning
I was reading from Isaiah 49:5-7 (MSG)

"And now," God says, this God who took me in hand from the moment of birth to be his servant, to bring Jacob back home to him, to set a reunion for Israel - What an honor for me in God's eyes!  That God should be my strength!  He says, "But that's not a big enough job for my servant - just to recover the tribes of Jacob, merely to round up the strays of Israel.  I'm setting you up as a light for the nations so that my salvation becomes global!"  God, Redeemer of Israel, the Holy of Israel, says to the despised one, kicked around by the nations, slave labor to the ruling class:  "Kings will see, get to their feet - the princes, too - and then fall on their faces in homage because of God, who has faithfully kept his word, The Holy of Israel, who has chosen you."

I so glad God's plan included more than the Jews.  I'm so glad that God's plan to put his family back together includes me, well EVERYBODY!  I've never questioned God or his existence.  I don't struggle with "is there a God?"  I don't know if it's the way I was raised or if I was created that way.  But for that, I am thankful.

This is good, because pretty much everything else is subject for questioning.

No comments: