Saturday, January 22, 2011

What if?

I've been asked to take photos at my friend's wedding.  There are no words to describe the joy and fear I have inside of me at this exact moment.

I feel like Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade.  The part where he's standing at the edge of a huge abyss.  His dad's notes are telling him to jump.  Have faith…and walk across the abyss.  He hesitates…as would anyone faced with this dilemma.  Two choices are before him. He can go back to what he knows.  What feels safe.   But, if he chooses this path, his dad will probably die.  Or, he can (pardon the pun) take a leap of faith.  If he choses to leap, his dad will most likely live and he will go finding things that belong in museums.

Two things I know for sure.  Number one: I want out of teaching.  Number two: I love to take pictures.

So many questions, unknowns and doubts surround me.  What if I leap and there is no camouflaged ledge there to catch me?  What if I screw the wedding pictures up?  What if I can't take pictures as well as others who do this for a living?   What if I quit my job and then I don't make any more money with photography?  What if I'm supposed to teach?  What if I could make it as a photographer but I don't step out on faith? What does God want?!  What if….what if…WHAT IF?

No comments: