Sunday, July 18, 2010

Do I really?!

My neighbor recently informed me of a conversation she had with my daughters. This is how it went:

Neighbor (N): How's you mom?
Emma: Good.
N: Are your parents doing anything this summer?
Abbie: No.

Good job Abs! If only they'd stopped there...

Emma: No, dad is the one that is busy. He wakes up and has to have something to do. Mom, she just sits in front of the TV and watches Bones. She doesn't do too much.


OUCH! Thanks a lot Emma.

Reality check...maybe I need to turn the TV off for a while. Apparently my daughters are watching my every move. My guilty conscience tells me I should be showing them more Bible reading and random acts of kindness. Is this what I want them to remember me like? I personally don't think I watch THAT much TV. But, their perspective is a whole lot different than mine. I think tonight I'll turn off the tube and play a game with them. Oh yeah, and maybe I need to have a chat with my oldest about what and what not to share with the neighbors.

No comments: