Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Luck O' the Irish


I have a knack for walking outside, looking down and finding a four leaf clover. Call it luck, call it a gift. Whatever it is, I'm beginning to think it's genetic.

I remember my dad finding four, five and even six leaf clovers and showing them to me. I would try so hard to find them and usually could find one occasionally. Now, I walk outside and BOOM there one is! I too have found five and six leaf clovers. Once I found a four, five and six in one day. I should have bought a lottery ticket now that I am looking back on it. I once found two four leaf clovers back to back in my in-laws yard. My mother-in-law couldn't believe it. She had been looking for them since they had moved in there (six years ago) and had never found one. I walk outside her back door and within ten minutes had two in my hand.

My youngest daughter Abbie has the same gift. She brings me four leaf clovers all the time. This one in the picture is one I found at my mom and dad's house.

Who knew I was so talented?! :)

No comments: