Wednesday, August 4, 2010

sometimes I just need to be reminded


Plato once thought that when man was created he was created with four arms, four legs and two faces. Zeus was threatened by this and split them in two creating our need to find our "soul mates". This past weekend I had the privilege of spending a couple of days with two of my favorite people in the whole world. I think in our case this body that Zeus split was split into thirds. These girls are my friends and long lost sisters.

When I am with my two friends the world is okay again. My worries aren't that big anymore and I laugh easier and louder. I remember how to hug and say "I love you" without thinking it's weird. These two know I'm unique and love me for all my quirks! And I love them for all of theirs. They know exactly when to speak and when to listen. Their creativity challenges me to step up mine. They view the world differently sometimes and keep me looking when sometimes I want to close my eyes to it all. With them I've been brave enough to try new things. They've taught me it's okay to talk with an accent. They cry with my disappointments and laugh at my silliness. They make me want to be kinder to everyone I'm around. All in all...they make me feel complete. Completely loved, completely accepted, completely okay to be myself and yet it's completely okay to change.

I forget when I'm away from them for long periods of time...it's nice to be reminded.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love you with my whole heart & soul! We truly are blessed!