Friday, January 4, 2008

Cowboys for Christ

Tonight I went line dancing at a certain country western dance place. It was fun until they strayed from the country genre of music and tried a little AC/DC and Bon Jovi. I felt remenicent of high school. I expected to see Paul and Winston dancing around the floor headbanging and playing air guitar. (love you two!)
During the 90s montage, I was able to look around me and people watch. There were some sad characters hanging out there tonight.
There was the single old lady who sat alone. The single old man trying to get single old woman's attention. There was the single, in her 40s, woman looking for the hook up. There were 20 year old boys and girls, all gyrating certain body parts to the music (ummm....that music was out before you were born.) There was drunk guy and girl, groping and making out - gross! There were the "cowboys" with their big belt buckles and even bigger hats. There was the Inspector Cluso (Pink Panther) in his silk shirt, black pants, and shiny black shoes. (I know before he came he looked in the mirror, pointed to himself and said, "I look good!")
So many people, so much pain. It kinda ruined the moment of fun. Some of these people are there everytime I go. Is this what they do? Is this their church? I felt bad....they all have no hope. Sigh. Maybe I could start a mission for cowboys. Cowboys for Christ?

No comments: