Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So here is it Wednesday night, almost 7:00, and I've finally finished supper. Every day this week I have stayed at school until 7:00 or later. (Yes, kids go sign up for the teacher ed dept. at JBC!) We are going through a process at school called SACS. Southern Accrededation of something schools. I don't know or care. I have come to coin the motto: "SACS sucks!" Not only has it taken over my teacher life, it's leaking over into my home life. My own children did not greet me when I came to the door last night. It's like they didn't know me anymore!

Today I was going to leave at 3:30, yes, 3:30! As I was packing up, my partner on my committee came to the door. I immediately knew from the look on his face that the news was not good. So I simply started to lay my things down and follow him out the door and back to the library. Nuts! Part of me wanted to continue packing my things and walk right by him. "oh were you there? I didn't see you?!" But no, the responsible voice in me demanded that I follow Mike into the library where we proceeded to type more nonsense about our school. DOes anyone really care. Maybe George Bush cares.

On a side note, NCLB was resigned. Yeah. Let's take a moment and remember the good ole days of teaching. Where going to the office meant a sore bottom and when the teacher said, "jump" the kids all asked how high.





Okay, back to my first thoughts...

Finally, at 5:00 I left the school. Exausted and hungry. However, we have decided to forgo any house duties and play Clue Jr. with our children.

Yeah for game night!

No comments: