Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hidden alarm clock = happy wife

I love my husband, I really do...but something had to be done. Let me explain.

Every so often in our 12 year marriage, Jake decides he is going to exercise. That's fabulous! I love it! I WANT him to exercise. As a matter of fact, I'll even go so far as to say I'll create an envelope (Dave Ramsey) solely dedicated to exercising. This is how much I care and support that he wants to exercise. However, start messing with my sleep and it becomes a whole new ballgame.

My dear husband has recently decided that he is going to get up at 5 a.m. to go ride his bike. I wouldn't have a problem with it except that he doesn't actually leave the bed at 5 a.m. Oh no, he let's his alarm go off long enough to wake us both then HE rolls over and goes back to sleep. Meanwhile, I'm starring at the ceiling incredulous to the fact that he fell back to sleep in .5 seconds (how do guys do that?!)

You see, normally I wake at 6:00 a.m. I roll out of bed by 6:15 a.m. and then I'm up and on my way. When he wakes me at 5:00, it takes me a good half hour to forty-five minutes to fall back asleep. By then, what's the point?

Again, let me reiterate that I wouldn't mind the 5:00 a.m. time if his butt actually left the bed. If I know he's leaving the bed, I can go back to sleep. Instead, I lay there wondering if he's going to get up.

I've tried asking nicely that he not set his alarm for such an ungodly hour. I've tried yelling, threatening, pouting and finally the silent treatment (you know all "good" wifely tactics for getting what we want). He just laughs and grins at me thinking "this too shall pass".

You see my husband thinks that if he ignores me I'll get over it soon. Au contraire, mon frère! This morning was the last straw.


And so in order to have a good nights rest this evening.........





I've hidden his alarm clock.

No comments: