Saturday, May 1, 2010

story telling

I want to quit teaching. I want to try something new. I'm not quite sure what this "new" thing will look like...as long as there are no desks, chalkboards or red pens involved I think I'll be okay with it.

I feel as if my life is part of a choose your own adventure book. Depending on what decision I make will lead me to a different part of my story. I think with teaching I've hit the "you've been eaten by a bear" ending. I'm ready to start over with a new story...a different ending.

I think I'd like to tell stories. If you think about it, there are so many stories swirling around us. Lives that go silently by, never noticed, never read, never known. Within these stories are tales of romance, hatred, strength, love, friendship, pain, healing, restoration, faith, hope...the list could go on and on. I think that if we could share these stories with one another, listen to them, enter in to them...we would find each other and ourselves. I think we would find we're not that different after all. I think we would find we're all looking for God. We're all trying to find our way back to him.

No comments: